Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Maintenance Technician performs routine facility maintenance, repairs, and assists with exhibits and janitorial duties for Arizona Science Center.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and dismiss employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform all tasks assigned to the highest possible standard of quality.
- Regularly documents completed tasks and inspections per the schedule outlined by the Sr. Director of Exhibits and Operations.
- Works with outside vendors and contractors to achieve ASC goals.
- Procures quotes for services/repairs from outside vendors under the direction and support of the Exhibits Manager or the Sr. Director of Exhibits and Operations.
- Creates and manages maintenance tasks under the direction from the Exhibits Manager.
- Responds to maintenance tasks as requested by ASC staff.
- Performs all the cleaning duties of the 3rd party janitorial staff.
- Performs routine plumbing, painting, and other related maintenance activities.
- Maintains non-exhibit lighting fixtures.
- Responsible for regularly scheduled carpet cleaning and maintaining floor finishes.
- Responsible for set-up/tear down of ASC boardroom, CREATE Public Hall, and events when necessary.
- Responsible for moving and repair of fixtures, furniture and equipment in ASC offices.
- Notifies management of major repair needs or additions.
- Regularly inventories and inspects equipment and supplies, to include handling the Fire Alarm.
- Stocks janitorial closets.
- When directed by the Sr. Director of Exhibits and Operations, investigates new and improved cleaning products, instruments and methods and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Selects and purchases new cleaning and maintenance equipment and supplies with approval from the Sr. Director of Exhibits and Operations.
- Tracks expenses and works within the Facilities budget with oversight from the Sr. Director of Exhibits and Operations. Makes recommendations for future budget planning items to management.
- Assigns tasks to 3rd party janitorial staff as necessary with direction and support from the Sr. Director of Exhibits and Operations.
- Flexible schedule may include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Sr. Director of Exhibits and Operations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent and 12 or more months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job requires the proficient use of equipment including, but not limited to, scissor lifts, pallet jacks, industrial carpet cleaning machine, etc.
This job also requires the use of a computer which will be placed somewhere in the employee's workspace. The employee must have the necessary keyboard and computer mouse skills as well as the ability to read a color monitor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pay: from $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time