Guest Sales & Services Associate
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate an outgoing and friendly demeanor at all times to guests of all ages.
- Success working with/in a team
- Utilize all relevant sales techniques and tools at our Admissions Zone to drive profitable growth
- Knowledge of all levels of membership the Science Center has to offer with benefits
- To be certain we are offering our guests all that ASC has to offer, the GSS Associate must be familiar with and be able to enthusiastically explain all current attractions, including and not limited to: Current IMAX movies, planetarium shows, traveling exhibitions, daily demonstrations, Center wide events, and all other Center galleries and offerings.
- Must be accurate and prompt in handling financial admission transactions which include cash, check and credit card processing.
- Respond to guest needs immediately.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule which may include, both weekday and weekend shifts is required.
- Be flexible with scheduling during shift and be able to perform duties of group greeter, Information desk, Membership Zone, Sky Cycle, Concessions, ticket taker, bus crew, and events staff
- When necessary, escalate issues through the appropriate channels to ensure prompt and satisfactory resolution to the guest and the Science Center.
- Follow and improve upon customized steps of sale. GSS Associate must be comfortable with creating their own sales pitch to guests
- Consistently work to an overall sales goal as directed by supervisor
- Perform all other tasks as directed by supervisor.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; and use hands to hold, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job also requires the use of a computer which will be placed somewhere in the employee's workspace. The employee must have the necessary keyboard and computer mouse skills as well as the ability to read a color monitor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.