Business Development Coordinator
The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the sales, planning, and execution of public, private, and internal events at Arizona Science Center.
The Business Development Coordinator promotes and sells the rental of Arizona Science Center facilities, services clients and their events by providing administrative support, and often serves as event lead from start to finish including some nights and weekends.
The Business Development Coordinator is part of the Business Development team including group sales and services, event sales and services, and telephone sales and services. They contribute to the Arizona Science Center brand by providing exceptional service and deliverables that support a memorable and differentiated guest experience every time. They participate with the team to ensure delivery of the annual Business Development sales plan goals.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and dismiss Employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Event Sales and Services
- Partners with the Senior Manager of Events to plan and oversee the flawless execution of client events. Assists with event staffing and role assignments, set up, event management and strike.
- Creates production schedules for all events and maintains the Center’s internal events calendar.
- Responds to incoming leads and drafts proposals according to Center standards in timing, presentation, and content.
- Works with Senior Manager of Events to achieve or exceed monthly and annual facility rental revenue goals.
- Schedules meetings and calls to support an on-going pipeline of leads and give site tours to potential clients.
- Diligently maintains client files, tracks status of leads and proposals and measures conversion.
- Processes client payments via Tessitura under the direction of the Business Development Manager.
- Supports internal clients in planning and executing events as assigned.
Group Sales and Services
- Is knowledgeable and able to sell Arizona Science Center’s attractions, including Dorrance Planetarium, Giant Screen Theater, SkyCycle, CREATE, learning programs, and traveling exhibitions to groups in support of the Business Development Team’s overall revenue goals.
Telephone Sales and Services
- Answers incoming phone calls and utilizes the WOW strategies to deliver exceptional customer service to all guests.
- Stays educated on current promotions and offers as well as upcoming events and their details.
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Business Development Officer and Business Development Team by recording and tracking financials, creating and providing reports, maintaining schedules and calendars, and purchasing supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
When serving as event lead, temporarily supervises the assigned team members and outside vendors who support and provide the contracted event deliverables.
Pay: $12 to $14/hour
This position includes full benefits including paid time off
Job Status: Full Time