Business Development Sales Associate - Part Time
Are you looking to gain experience in the professional business industry? Are you highly persuasive and passionate about exceeding the expectations of others? Do you enjoy people and meeting sales goals? Do you want to leverage your customer service skills to make a difference in the community? If you answered “yes” to these questions, you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to be the perfect fit for our exceptional Business Development Sales team!
The Business Development Team is responsible for handling high volume sales, reservations, and customer service for Arizona Science Center and its guests both over the phone and in person. This team also provides support for the Center’s numerous public, private, and internal events.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate, and dismiss employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers incoming phone calls and makes outgoing calls to provide customer support and sales for Arizona Science Center programs.
- Provides sales-focused customer service to secure reservations in the areas of paid and free school groups, adult groups, general admission, special events, and fee-based educational programs.
- Arranges payments and sends email confirmations with appropriate materials or information to groups or educational program participants.
- Coordinates scheduling and relays information cross-departmentally.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information in database for mailings and targeted marketing efforts.
- Masters our Tessitura ticketing system and uses it efficiently.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Business Development Manager.
This is not a supervisory position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED and minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
This job also requires the use of a computer which will be placed somewhere in the employee's workspace. The employee must have the necessary keyboard and computer mouse skills as well as the ability to read a color monitor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Organized and efficient.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible schedule, willing to work holidays and weekends.
- Experience working in a multi-level organization.
- Must be able to handle multiple phone lines and data entry.
- Must be able to work as a team player with all other departments within the Center.
Pay: from $11/hour
Job Status: Part Time