Exhibit Technician - Full Time - 16.00/Hour
Job Title: Exhibit Technician
Department: Exhibits and Collections
Reports To: Exhibit Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Exhibit Technician maintains exhibits in working condition and minimizes downtime.
- The scheduled work hours are:
- A combination of weekdays and weekends, Monday through Sunday.
- Exhibit Technicians are expected to work a regular schedule, including holidays (excludes Thanksgiving and December 25 when the Center is closed).
- Exhibit Technician may be required to work some weekends and evenings.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all Employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and dismiss Employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned:
- Learns the planned method of operation of exhibits on the floor.
- Monitors the functional performance of individual exhibits on a daily basis in rotation with other Exhibit Technicians.
- Performs scheduled maintenance on exhibits to ensure reliable operation.
- Diagnoses faults and adjusts and repairs individual exhibits on the exhibit floor if possible; otherwise removes exhibit from public areas to workshop for repair.
- Communicates the nature of faults in exhibits to supervisor and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Responds to visitor inquires about function of exhibits when on the exhibit floor.
- Assists with installation and removal of exhibits and traveling shows and of program support components.
- Multidisciplinary – Carpentry, Electric, Computer Electronics, etc.
This position has no managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or two to four years related experience and/or training. Certified forklift operator and proof of scissor lift training. Proven history of quality of workmanship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The specific job duties that require the physical demands listed above include moving exhibits using equipment, bringing supplies to exhibits, and dismantling and reassembling components.
- Dedicated, meticulous, and takes pride in high standards and quality of work.
- Attention to details and is proactive about accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- This job also requires basic computer skills.
- Ability to improvise or invent new methods of repair for one-of-a-kind items.
- Must be a team player.
- Appropriate dress is required.
Pay: from $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time