Guest Experience Security Coordinator - Full-Time
At Arizona Science Center, we take pride in providing the perfect mix of FUN and EDUCATION to our guests of all ages! It is scientifically proven that when you mix a large amount of GREAT SERVICE with the perfect number of GREAT PEOPLE, the expectations of our guests will certainly be EXCEEDED! Are you energetic? Do you have a passion for exceeding the expectations of others? If you answered “yes” to these questions, you don’t need a rocket scientist to prove you may be the perfect fit for our exceptional team!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all Employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and dismiss Employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Background check and drug test required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Guest Experience Security Coordinator (GESC) is responsible for directing our scheduled group busses in and out of Heritage Park. The GESC will ensure that the busses are directed in a safe and orderly manner. Once the busses have departed, the GESC will serve as onsite building security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct scheduled group busses in and out of Heritage Park in a safe and orderly manner.
- Monitor and control access to the building prior to opening to the general public.
- Patrol all areas of the Center and CREATE buildings to help ensure the protection of staff, visitors, property and equipment. GELC’s must maintain a high state of public courtesy and professionalism.
- Demonstrate an outgoing and friendly demeanor at all times to guests of all ages.
- Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
- CPR Training required.
- Arizona State Security Guard Card-a plus but not required.
- Must be professional and customer service oriented.
- Must be able to accurately record and report observations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with company, site and public personnel.
- Walk and climb stairs.
- Walk/stand extended periods of time.
- Work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- React and respond in emergency situations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), minimum one year experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and walk, and stand for long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pay: $12 to $14/hour
This position includes full benefits including paid time off
Job Status: Full Time