VP of Marketing
The VP Marketing is a critical leader within Arizona Science Center who will work to fuel our growth as a customer-driven organization. The VP of Marketing will work collaboratively across functions to accelerate revenue, optimize attendance, and grow brand reputation in Arizona and beyond.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Arizona Science Center maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for
all Employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate and dismiss Employees on the basis of such factors as experience, character, ability and skill, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or heritage, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day-to-day execution of the annual marketing plan, including paid, earned and owned media.
- Partners with Chief Strategy and Growth Officer to author marketing strategy to accelerate attendance and sales across all Science Center offerings, including: general admission, special exhibitions, Planetarium, Giant Screen Theater, Concessions, SkyCycle, Learning and teacher professional development programs, and our CREATE makerspace. Also supports donor communications and fundraising and efforts to elevate the Center’s reputation locally and nationally.
- Leverages web and digital media to profitably acquire customers. Strong knowledge of paid search, search engine optimization and paid social a must.
- Works to optimize web and user experience.
- Leads a culture of optimization through A/B testing and other experimentation to find the most effective tactics to drive growth.
- Oversees web and social content development to increase audience engagement and impressions. This includes content management for a blog, FB, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Leads customer relationship marketing (email and direct mail) to acquire and retain Members.
- Leads development of campaigns to drive awareness and visitation for traveling exhibitions including audience targeting, media planning and buying, key art creative design and development, promotional planning and execution, on-site/property signage, ongoing monitoring and adjustment to hit proforma sales goals, etc.
- In partnership with Guest Experience leadership, holds team accountable for weekly, monthly and annual sales goals.
- Approaches role entrepreneurially and resourcefully—to leverage resources for maximum gain.
Oversees Marketing team, including Director of Marketing, Senior Manager of Digital and PR and Senior Web and Graphic Designer and work of several outside agencies and consulting firms. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include oversight or direct responsibly for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field. MBA ideal.
- Minimum of five years consumer marketing experience, ideally in an environment known for a disciplined yet highly innovative approach to marketing.
- PR and communications experience in a complex business environment that serves numerous stakeholders, including donors, government, schools, corporations, teachers, parents, students, general public, and employees.
- Experience leading and maximizing the performance of customer acquisition and retention marketing programs.
- Experience directing creative and web development and design teams.
- Experience driving omni-channel retail traffic preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as primary and secondary consumer research and strategic business documents. Ability to produce well-written, persuasive reports and collaborating correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as growth rates and profit margins. Basic excel skills required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
This job also requires the use of a computer which will be placed somewhere in the employee's workspace. The employee must have the necessary keyboard and computer mouse skills as well as the ability to read a color monitor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- An energizing and enterprising leader adept at inspiring teams and overseeing multiple complex projects. Searches for ways to improve processes to efficiently drive results.
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding critical thinking and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Quick decision-making in response to changing conditions.
- Collaboration focused on results.
- Directive leadership to assure business results are achieved.
- Experience inspiring creative people to do their best work.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, problem-solving, analytic and project management skills.
- Facile with Google Analytics and other digital reporting tools.
- Understands apps and mobile platforms, keeping up-to-date on the creative technology driving engagement in progressive admissions revenue organizations.
- Familiarity with Tessitura software program preferred but not required.
Job Status: Full Time